Enforcing documentation discipline in an organization
Documentation discipline should be enforced in an organization. All employees should have a habit of making proper documentation of/in their work.
Lets say, How documentation required in Software developer’s work :
|These Topics Are Also In Your Syllabus|
|You May Find Something Very Interesting Here.||link|
|4||Quality of service||link|
|5||Case study: The World Wide Web||link|
- First, Developer must have a proper SRS( software requirement specification) before writing to code.
- Developer should write proper comments in his code because it will be easier for the other developer(who will work next on the same code) to understand the existing code in a better way.
- It is developers responsibility to properly document their software’s working means, how the software’s functionality works, prerequisite for the software etc.
Documentation management is necessary for organization because :
- Increase Collaboration & Communication
- Reliable Document Version Control
- Increase Time-Cost Savings
- Eases Accessibility
- Increase Productivity
So now the question is, How can we enforce Documentation discipline in an organization ?
- organization should consider it as integral part of work.
- Proper resources should be made available to build document management system whether its human resource or technical resource
- procedures should be set up to create or review documentation
- Management should not be lenient on part of documentation, management should never say like “ as time running short , so just create the system and make the documentation later”.
- Phase should not be considered complete until documentation is done.
- Coding should not be considered done unless its has required comment lines.